Saturday, May 2, 2009

que es la vida en un blog?!:)

hola, hello, salut!

there was a time when a pen and a sheet of paper were the only things you needed to say to yourself "i could be a writer", but today the whole picture might come as a step back towards achieving aknowledgment, so now the true power resides in making yourself known to the world by writing a blog. I always felt that by getting my words on the computer i can't seem to picture them in my own head; writing feels more like painting in my mind the whole picture of the story that i want to tell, so it might not be surprising that what I write is not always what i have in mind....so i guess this explains a bit why there can be so many missunderstandings while reading a blog........a blog is not real even if u try to make it seem real; a blog is made of ideas and concepts told in different ways with different points of view and perceptions but never as the whole truth.

ok...that was a bit strange but anyway to all my friends, amigos and readers of blog material, this is hello and wellcome to my world...it is an introduction to a virtual world, a computer to computer travel, the only way to share partial information worldwide at a huge scale the only way to tell a story without spectators, a written "radio șanț" as my romanian friends will understand.

i am alex, i always felt a bit strange about this name (my parents wanted to call me xandra or sandra-i was even more happy they didn't) and felt even stranger in muslim countries where everytime they told me <...ohhh but this is a man's name......>yeah i know alexander the great was famous...and i am not. In english speaking environments i heard many people complaining that it is so ugly when someone is using always the first person pronoun "i" to begin a phrase...so i feel quite strange towards this complaint due to the fact that in my knowledge english language does not have another pronoun that can say the same thing ....so why complain about a big "I" when there is nothing you can do to change it...in spanish we use jo, italian io, romanian eu, french je.In my opinion a big I does not imply a big ego.

So after all this sorted out i will tell you that i intend for the first time in many years to keep a discipline for the sake of this blog. I am travelling around the world for 5 years, with so many things happening everyday, with so much knowledge acumulated and i feel a blog could be an anthropologic study of my own life, of how i shift ideas, opinions, places and people, of how i make my move around this chess table that is the globe. I will also tell you a secret...i am not a good chess player....i was when my grandfather was giving me the oportunity to win.....but now....now i can loose and when i loose i feel like a winner because life and earth teached me another lesson.

Alex

1 comment: